How to Clean Drains with Vinegar and Baking Soda
There are many ways to clean drains. It can be done by using chemical cleaners or homemade solutions. One natural solution for drain cleaning is vinegar and baking soda. The big advantage of using baking soda and vinegar for cleaning is that both of these products are environmentally friendly. Baking soda and vinegar are also less expensive than chemical based cleaning products.
Steps to Clean Drains with Vinegar and Baking Soda
- Pour a pot of boiling hot water down your drain.
- Pour in about 1/2 cup baking soda. Let that sit for a few minutes.
- Pour a mixture of 1 cup vinegar and 1 cup of hot water on top of the baking soda.
- Cover with a drain plug (to keep the reaction down below the drain surface) if you have one and let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Flush one more time with a pot of boiling water.
What Does It Do?
The baking soda and hot water treatment loosen up any dirt that might be hanging at the bottom of the drain, and the chemical reaction with the vinegar will jolt it all loose. The hot water rinse will flush the dirt.
Drain Cleaning Service
There are times when stubborn drain problems do not respond to homemade solutions. That is when you need an expert. Central Sewer has experts who are trained in providing drain cleaning services. With more than 35 years of experience, our trained professionals have given excellent service with zero complaint. From cable snaking and high pressure jetting to video pipeline inspection, Central Sewer does it all. Call us today at 914-573-4589. We serve throughout Westchester County, Yonkers, Mount Vernon and New Rochelle, NY